Simple Steps to Creating a Happier Life NOW

I have been working on finding happiness for the last 27 years.  It was not until recently that I decided, "Brittany, why don't you just decide to be happy rather than attempting to find it!" 

All of my life I was told that I need to have lots of money in order to be happy.  Little did I know that was VERY far from the truth.  Would it make some areas of my life a little less complicated; possibly.  But, there is no guarantee that money will bring happiness.

However, there are a TON of tiny little things we can do in order to truly BE a happy person outside of our existing circumstances.  I strongly recommend you follow these practices and incorporate them into your life today.

1. Fake it. Someone once told me, "feelings follow actions."  This was an old call center manager who reminded me over and over that my personal life was reflecting through the calls at work.  I was MUCH younger then but it was a hard lesson learned.  He actually purchased a tiny mirror and placed it on my monitor.  I was advised that I must smile through every call and look at my smile.  Eventually I noticed my outside troubles quickly disappeared from the forefront of my mind and I had better shifts at work.
Every day I try to apply this same concept; when I am angry, unhappy, dissatisfied or upset I simply smile and think of positive thoughts, things I like or reflect on a profound memory.
2. Exercise to boost energy.  It's proven that moderate exercise truly boosts up your energy levels!  I've experienced it first hand as well.  How often do we continuously SKIP going to the gym or taking a walk after dinner simply because we are toooooo tired!?  Get off your bum and get moving!  Get the entire family involved as well, this promotes healthy living, family bonding and sets a GREAT foundation for the kids!
3. Stop nagging. This is something MANY of us (myself included) can have difficulty getting past.  Nagging others (even ourselves at times) is very draining and daunting.  Cut it out!  Draw your attention to something more positive and attempt a different approach.  Rather than getting onto your spouse, roommate, friend, or family members to, "remember to take out the trash.  Don't forget to take out the trash.  The trash comes at 5 in the morning tomorrow so don't forget."  Remind the individual, "thanks for taking out the trash, I appreciate it."  Or "I like it when you help me with the dishes, I really appreciate it."  This will not only have a HUGE impact on your own life but those around you will be more receptive to listening to you. 
4. Take action, set goals. Take conscious steps to make your life happier and more enjoyable.  Plan a trip, treat you and a friend to a massage, create new memories you'll savor forever.  
Begin using these steps to start your own happy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top