5 Easy Tips to Eating Healthy on a Budget

I've heard it TIME and TIME again, "eating healthy is expensive."

It's REALLY not that expensive.  Of course it takes some time and practice BUT I promise it is worth it and you won't be clipping coupons non-stop! 

With a little planning and proper budgeting you'll be able to shed pounds and have more energy!

#1. CASH BACK APPS!
That's right, there are apps you can download to your iPhone or Android device which give you money back for food you purchase regularly!  These take some time on your part but the effort is minimal and the reward is worth it!


Ibotta (pronounced I-Bought-A) is an app I just recently started using and LOVE.  You go through the options based on the stores you shop at regularly and rebates for commonly purchased items such as bananas, milk, eggs, cheese, bell peppers, onions and more are offered.  Each ranges in price but the savings really add up.  The funds are then given back to you in the form of a gift card or deposited directly to you through PayPal.  It's TOTALLY worth trying it out!  

You can sign up for FREE at ibotta.com 


#2. Get on a Whole Sale Club Program
This may be no easy task and every person is different based on needs but the SAVINGS are THERE!  Pinky PROMISE!

I shop at Costco and split a membership between my mother and myself which costs $25 each at $50 a year.  With this comes some awesome PERKS!  Consistent savings without the hassle of cutting coupons (WINNING). 

At Costco they run their boneless skinless chicken breasts at $2.99/lb REGULARLY!  Now that's not to say that I don't keep my eyes open for the RARE occasions when it's on sale for $1.99/lb at Publix.

I'm able to purchase all of my meat in bulk saving me LOTS of time and hassle!  


In the past Sam's Club has offered free memberships for new mothers!  Keep your eyes open for these opportunities.  Groupon also runs deals for these memberships as well.

#3. Meal Planning & Prepping
Every Thursday Publix (my favorite store) runs their weekly ad.  This gives me an opportunity to plan and prep for the coming week.  THUS keeping me from eating out so often and being prepared.  Creating a meal plan and sticking to it keeps you from purchasing money on groceries then turning around and going out to eat!  Let's face it we've all been there!  The great thing about meal planning and prepping is the support that my accountability groups offer in this area!


Together we take a day out of the week to plan out our meals, we swap healthy easy recipes and hold one another accountable through out the week in our workouts and healthy eats!  If you are interested you can fill out the application to join my next group HERE

#4. Shop On Sale & In Season!
It's easy to start throwing in some healthy eats into the cart as you've got your momentum built up and are excited to begin your new journey.  BUT this is why you go into the store with a GAME PLAN and a list!  Stick to the list!  You've checked out the sale paper so you KNOW what's at a discount!  STICK TO THE LIST.

Typically the items that are in season are on sale but not always.  Below is a list for you to save and use to decipher between what is in season and what is not in season.


#5. Coupons & Monthly Subscriptions!
Yep, I said that you won't be spending hours clipping coupons and you WON'T!  But, coupons definitely help!  Groupon runs offers to get the Sunday paper at a SUPER discount AND the savings are WORTH every penny!  

Be wary though as most food coupons are for PROCESSED, high in sugar "food."  You want to use these coupons for household items to cut costs to allocate the money to investing in the healthier foods! 

I really enjoy using www.truecouponing.com to make my life simpler in the couponing world!  These ladies are local from the Tampa Bay area and offer couponing classes too! 

Along with couponing for toiletry items I enjoy using the Dollar Save Club to save on razors each month.  As silly as that may sound the cost of razors is practically insane in my book!  While the site targets to men the razors are worthy for women as well!  It is based on a subscription so you're able to pay $1-$9 each month for amazing cartridges delivered straight to your door.  

Visit Dollar Shave Club to check it out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top