Spinach & Kale Cubes

Okay, so how many of you have gone to make a smoothie and found your spinach or kale wilted at the bottom of the produce bin in the fridge?  I know that I am guilty of not eating my greens and they spoil so quickly.

Because of this I have come up with a solution and a great way to get those extra super foods into your smoothies when you need to using my spinach & kale ice cubes!
Ingredients:
1 bag of spinach or kale
water as needed

Instructions:

In a large blender add as much spinach/kale as possible without over filling the blender (you can add more after blending some).

Add water to the blender and fill until the water hits at about half way to the top of the spinach.

Blend on high adding more greens or water as needed.

Pour spinach mixture into ice cube trays found at your local grocer.

Freeze until hardened and ready to use for your next smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top