Friday Favorites - Makeup Edition

I have always struggled to keep up with the Jones' so to speak.  Every time I watch a "favorites" video by everyday people they're sharing their favorite products which tend to be STEEEEP in price!
I've always been known for being a thrifty shopper and REFUSE to pay full price for products and goods! I'm the DISCOUNT QUEEN! 

With that said I never spend $200 to get my hair done, pay full price for designer hand bags or the latest Nike Pro shorts. 

I take pride in clipping coupons and looking for the BEST products at a steep discount.  I would rather save the money and take myself to get a massage! 

So I am happy to introduce to you "Friday Favorites!" 

These posts will be dedicated to getting awesome stuff at a discount and sharing with you some favorite health & beauty items that are QUALITY without the price tag! 

So let's begin! 

MAKEUP! 

I can truly say I used to HATE wearing makeup!  And even today I still have my days where I just can't stand having something on my face.  I personally believe that we are all beautiful and do not NEED makeup.  

Many of my coworkers will notice that I rock a "no makeup Monday" face to the office more often than not.  

I started this year as a goal to be more "feminine" and embrace my inner girly girl.  Painting my nails, dressing up more, doing my hair annnnnnd put on some makeup. 

My friends Lindsay is a professional makeup artist and started using LimeLight by Alconne on her clients.  She RAVED about the product and how it was soooo much better than MAC Cosmestics.  We live in Florida so it is HOT HOT HOT which means that HEAVY makeup is just not functional.  It actually MELTS off of our faces! 

After she had introduced me to LimeLight I FELL in LOOOOVE with the products!  I purchased the foundation, bronzer, blush, concealer and setting powder.  Unfortunately, the foundation was a bit pricey and I went through it SO FAST.  I was a little upset that I had gone through it so quickly as it had really laid evenly on my face and felt like I had NOTHING on! 


Check out the AMAZING pigmentation of this blush!  A little bit of this stuff goes a LONG way!  Since the foundation didn't go very far for me I was on the hunt for something similar without breaking the bank.  So I went to Sophora where you'll find ANYTHING you need makeup wise.  I had previously done some research before going and sampling the foundation.  I knew the price point was within my budget and the quantity of product would go a long way.  So I snagged Sophora's foundation!  For $20 I get the same experience on my face as I did with LimeLight BUT saved about $15 plus shipping.   I will continue to use the bronzer, blush and setting powders from LimeLight as it's been over 6 months and the products are still going strong!  





When I got my foundation from Sophora I wanted to look into using an eye primer.  Something I've never done before but knew it would really help my shadow POP for my competition.  I had never used eye primer before but saw amazing reviews for SmashBox.  I can say it TRULY does help your shadow POP and LAST all night (even into the morning).  


The price point was a bit steep in my opinion however, this stuff goes a LONG way.  I don't foresee myself having to purchase another bottle of this stuff for about a year or longer! 

It was $20 for the bottle.  But like I said it really lasts and makes your shadows last as well! 


So to conclude here are some links for the items AND price points! And, I am not an affiliate to any of these products!  Just a true honest review!  

LimeLight Foundation - $36 
LimeLight Bronzer - $18
LimeLight Setting Powder - $18
LimeLight Concealer - $24
LimeLight Blush - $18
Smash Box Eye Primer - $21 
Sophora Foundation - $20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top