My Journey Overcoming Life's Challenges

I’ve been meaning to write this post but have been putting it off for two weeks.  2015 left me emotionally and physically DRAINED!  I had put my business on the back burner, received a promotion at work and lost my grandmother to aggressive lung cancer.

The loss of my grandmother SHOOK my WORLD.  I thought watching the loss of previous grandparents would prepare me for witnessing the loss of my mother’s mother.  What I didn’t realize is that this time it was different.  I was an adult.  There were more memories and as an adult our minds tend to run wild and our emotions wreak havoc.
I lost about 15 pounds in three weeks from the stress and anxiety.  That’s not me, that doesn’t normally happen.  This one time it did.  Of course losing my grandmother was devastating, watching her and waiting for her to take her last breath was definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life.

The biggest pain point regarding my grandmother’s death is the legacy she chose to take with her.  Inside a fire, a candle she chose to never light.  Maybe she was afraid?  Maybe she didn’t think she was good enough?  Perhaps her childhood scars got in the way of her finding her ultimate happiness?

Life events happen and we have to push on.  This leads me to my next topic!
I started the 90 day program called Body Beast.  I’m two weeks in and plan to complete this program in honor of my grandmother.  She wasn’t given an opportunity to fight for her life, so for 90 days I’m going to FIGHT through this program.  Some days it will get the best of me, but ultimately, I know that I need to live a better, more fulfilled life in memory of my grandmother.


I’m nearly two weeks into the program and have definitely found some challenges and discovered my weaknesses.  My weaknesses will soon be my strengths!  I’m excited to start this weight lifting program to begin gaining muscle mass, increase my calorie intake and focus in on creating the relationships and life I have always dreamed about. 
My calorie intake “bracket” is about 2,000 calories.  Believe it or not, that’s a lot for me!  I’m allotted specific portion amounts based on the type of food; starches, protein, fats, etc.  I’m combing the meal plan with the Beach Body performance line items Recover, a high protein low sugar chocolate protein powder which contains BCAAs to decrease muscle fatigue and increase muscle growth. 


After my workouts I’m drinking the Recover with half water and half unsweetened vanilla almond milk and one scoop of Creatine by the Beach Body Performance line.  Now this is my first time using Creatine but so far I have noticed that I’m able to get more out of my workouts.  I feel stronger and less fatigued during the workouts. 


30 minutes before my workouts I’m taking the Beach Body Performance line Preworkout; this lemonade flavored preworkout gives you a nice kick without the jitters like some preworkouts.  The taste is refreshing too!


I’m still struggling to get the amount of calories in as I should be due to jumping around at meetings all day.  I think by the time I hit week 4 I should have the meal plan nailed down pretty good and be used to being on more of a schedule.  It's a journey not a destination.  So I focus on progress and not perfection.  There are some days I don't eat all of my food items but I do say no the the cakes and candies, that's a HUGE win for me! 


The motivation and accountability from my challenge groups has truly made all the difference from the loss of my grandmother to rebuilding my confidence in my workouts and sticking to my plan.  We make working out fun and earn fund prizes, trips and more.  

If you're interested in joining us on April 4th fill out the application below!  I would love to connect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top